July 22, 2006
By Connie Terwilliger
Have you noticed? MCA-I is re-energized. You can see it with each passing month – on both a local and an International level. You are seeing new discounts, better and more relevant communications and now a brand new Website that promises you more visibility with potential clients and more networking opportunities. Please familiarize yourself with some of the exciting features of this truly robust Website.
Logging On. Much of the site is password protected and you will need to log on to have access to the member’s only sections.
If your membership is active – log on using your email address (the one you last had on file with IO) and your member number. Please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t log on.
If your membership is expired, contact Amy to renew.
Updating your Member Record.
- When you log on, the first page you will see is Your Personal Control Panel – with Quick Links to some of the standard features of the software – specifically updating your member record.
- Look for Manage Your Info and check to see that your information is correct.
Find a Pro.
Each member who wants to be seen by the general public may have up to 3 free listings in Find a Pro.
- Each listing must be different so that you have maximum key word visibility.
- You also have the option of purchasing Premium listings for $50 per year.
- If you had a Find a Pro listing on the old Website, you must update this listingwith a NEW Category and Sub Category. To do this…
- Go back to the Quick Links page (Far left Menu Item on the Top Menu Bar (Home/Quick Links)
- From there – under Quick Links and Manage Your Info – look for My Directories
- Your Find a Pro Directory listing should be displayed.
- Click on the Edit Pencil to update your listing – adding the Category and Sub Category from the drop down boxes.
- And selecting the type of listing your wish to have – Regular (Free) or Premium ($50 per listing).
- You made add additional category listings (for a total of 3 Free listings); these will be pending until reviewed. Remember to make each listing unique – search engines frown on duplicate entries.
The Web site is very rich and offers MCA-I members many ways to gain exposure, promote their businesses, find services, market products, and share information. We have only just begun to figure out all the ways we can use and benefit from this software. If you have any questions, suggestions, or want to help in the continued development and improvement of the Website, please use one of the comments boxes found on pretty much any page of the Website.
And feel free to contact me at any time. I’d love to hear from you.
MCA-I President 2006