April 7, 2003
By Emma Justice
The first of the 2003 Forums of Presidents (which is a meeting of Chapter Leaders to exchange ideas and further the organization) was held in St. Louis in February. Here’s a brief recap of events and announcements.
1. We have a new address for headquarters:
MCA-I, 1000 Executive Parkway Suite 220 St. Louis, MO 63141
Phone: (314) 514-9995
We also have a new Executive Director:
Ernie Stewart, email@example.com
2. MCA-I is publishing a national paper newsletter, which you should have received last month. If you have not please contact Ernie.
3. The new Board of Directors under the leadership of President Cameron Sanders, (firstname.lastname@example.org) has developed a Strategic Plan which was outlined at the Forum of Presidents. Let me briefly outline the Strategic Plan, which has three primary initiatives:
- Create MCA-I University and Online Library
- Develop partnerships and affiliations
- Become the voice for our industry
These initiatives have been developed by listening to the desires of the membership and Chapter leaders at leadership forums over the past two years. The goal is to build upon our membership knowledge base, expand it, develop stronger relationships with corporations that both serve our industry and that we are doing business with, increase the awareness of our profession and the expertise of our members with stronger media relationships both locally and internationally.
4. There was a good deal of focus on renewing memberships and updating data base information. (If you have not yet renewed, please do so online right now, at www.mca-i.org. You will need to have your membership number). If you have any questions, please contact our New York President Corinna Sager at email@example.com.
5. We are currently developing new member benefit opportunities which will be of great advantage to all members. including the following:
- Production insurance
- Individual Health and Dental Insurance which will cover all states
- Retirement programs for small businesses
- Production Hub discounts (now available)
You will only be able to take advantage of these benefits if you are a member of the International Organization, and believe me these discounts will more than make up for your $160 annual dues. We have to know where you are located (address, phone, email), so do get your updated information to us.
Besides the business at hand, there was time for celebration as well. I had the good fortune to present our own former President and Treasurer George Cauttero with the Board of Directors Award for his dedication to MCA-I.
MCA-I’s 2000-2001 President Todd O’Neill presented MCA-I’s highest award, the Chuck Webb Award, named in honor of one of MCA-I’s founding fathers, to G. Warren of New Orleans for her dedication to the organization for over 20 years. G. has served many years on the national board, as regional VP and been responsible for the many successes of the AiME awards festival.
MCAI’s immediate past President Steve Tingley, (2001-2002) presented the second Board of Directors Award to Philadelphia’s Michael Danese who served several years on the International Board and oversaw the association’s coordination for Steven Spielberg’s Survivors of the Shoah Visual History.
The Forum of Presidents was also a time to reach out to leaders of past who contributed so much to the success of this organization over the years. It was a joy to see Inez Wehrli and Joe Maiello there and you could truly ‘feel the love’.
In addition the Forum offered a chance for Chapter leaders to get to know each other, share success stories and realize that the people in this organization truly are special. No “and, ifs or buts” about it. They are experts in their fields, willing to share their knowledge and open to new ideas. That combination is rare today and while we’ve been through tough times I can honestly say I am proud to be a member of this organization. We’re on to a bright future and I hope you will join me on this path.